We Ski EVERYWHERE!
1. Login to the HPSC website with your username and password to see the trips offered.
2. On the menu, click on Day Trips and then click on Downhill in the drop down menu.
3. Choose the trip you'd like to sign up for from either the Upcoming Events list on the left of your screen (for trips in the next week or so) or scroll to the bottom of the the page to view all trips currently open for registration.
4. Click on the link - the blue trip description (event list) or the blue rectangle (calendar) to go to the registration page for that trip There are additional links of interest on the main trip registration page.
How to complete a Downhill Day Trip registration:
1. Verify that this is the trip that you are interested in. On the right side are additional trip details such as if this is a late departure trip, an apres party trip, etc. If you are driving up instead of taking the bus, there is a link on the right to take you to a separate registration page for that trip.
2. A little lower down on the left are the trip registration options with their prices. If the option is greyed out, it will not available based on your membership category. Proceed to the next step by pressing the "Register" button below that list.
3. The email on file is automatically displayed on the next page. Leave this as the default and click “Next”.
4. Choose your registration category. All categories include a seat on the bus and the options will vary depending on the trip destination.
- Bus and Lift Ticket: the club will purchase a lift ticket for you at the group rate. This is the most common registration category. For Blue Mountain there is a separate category for Bus and Senior Lift Ticket and you must be at least 70 years of age to use that category.
- Lift Ticket Only (I have a voucher voucher): you will be “paying” for your bus seat with a bus voucher. You will have to enter a valid voucher number in a later page. Again, to Blue Mountain, if you are 70+, you can register in the separate Senior Lift Ticket Only category.
- Bus Only (I have a lift ticket or pass): you are booking only a seat on the bus. You either have to purchase a lift ticket at the resort or have a pass for the resort. In any case, are responsible for your own lift. This option is not available for the Wednesday private resort trips.
- Instructor (I am instructing on this trip): Instructors who are committed to instructing on this trip and want to book a bus seat.
Press “Next” after selecting the registration category to continue the process.
5. Your personal details are automatically filled in. You will need to make a choice in each of the other trip details. Those with a red asterisk are required items.
Click the “Next” button to move forward in the process.
- Rentals: For Mt St Louis trips, HPSC offers a beginner rental package. There is an additional charge for the rentals and note that the lift ticket in this package is limited to the beginner lifts only. Generally, only lessons in Steps 1 and 2 are offered for members who rent. Higher step levels use other slopes where the ticket is not valid. Choose either none or ski or snowboard rentals.
- Ski lessons: choose either a regular lesson at your desired step level (see Snow School regular lessons) or a ski program (see Snow School programs) that you are interested in taking. If you have never taken a lesson with HPSC, then you will select ski assessment. At the resort, you will be given a quick evaluation and then placed into the appropriate step level. If you do not want a ski lesson choose “None”.
- Snowboard lessons: As snowboard lessons are not available on all HPSC trips and this option is only available for those trips where snowboard lessons (see a list of days with boarding lessons) or programs (see Snow School boarding programs) are offered. If you have never taken a boarding lesson with HPSC, choose SB Assessment. Otherwise, select the lesson category you'd like to be in. If you are booking a ski lesson choose “None” here. Similarly if you make a selection here, you should have chosen “None” for ski lessons.
- Bus Pickup Location: Choose the pickup point you would like to use (see a list of downhill pickup locations). If you are driving up to take a lesson, you have to use the "Drive Up" link found on each trip's main registration page and book through a separate page. If a location isn't given as a choice, then it is not available for that trip. Bay and Queen's Quay is only used when two or more buses are being run and that will be posted in the trip details on the Downhill Day Trip Status page and in the Snophone message. When Bay and Queen's Quay is available, you just have to show up to use it, no prior notification is necessary.
- Bus Voucher Holders Only: if you're registering using a bus voucher to pay for your bus seat, enter the voucher number here. If you forget to bring your voucher, you will have to pay for your seat when on the bus in cash ($30).
6. Review your trip details to make sure they are correct. You may either move “Back” to the previous page to make a change, “Cancel” to exit and restart the registration process or “Confirm” to move on to the payment page.
If you press “Confirm”, you will have to make an online payment by credit card.
7. Provide your information and credit card details and pay online for the trip. Allow a small amount of time for the transaction to be processed. When successful, you will get a registration confirmation page and will also receive a registration confirmation email.
Don't forget to check the Downhill Day Trip Status page after 8:00 pm on Thursdays for Saturday, Sunday and Monday downhill day trips and after 8:00 pm on Mondays for Wednesday downhill day trips for trip status, pickup times and locations and other trip details.