Revised: October 20, 2016
Original: June 11, 2015
High Park Ski Club uses social media to connect with members, prospective members, fans and partners.
This policy establishes the club’s approach for using social media for the purposes of
- Director of Communications – Oversees the club’s social media accounts.
- Accessibility – The club’s social media activity will comply with the communications and information provisions of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all other applicable laws and regulations relating to accessibility.
- Conduct – Directors and members are expected to conduct themselves as, and in a manner befitting, a representative of the club when participating in the club’s social media accounts.
- Ownership – The club’s social media accounts and their username and password information are the property of the club.
- Privacy – The club’s privacy statement for social media will be included in this policy. As the club’s social media accounts involve third-party providers, the anonymity and confidentiality of participants and the content they provide cannot be guaranteed.
Postings on the club’s social media accounts will be monitored for the purposes of providing a positive Facebook experience for all by ensuring all content is accurate, respectful, tasteful, timely, non-repetitive and relevant.
The club will remove, without notice, inappropriate content including but not limited to content that contains:
- False information and/or impersonates or falsely claims to be another person or represent an organization.
- Defamatory, abusive, harassing, obscene or profane language or posts, sexist or sexually explicit content, or makes threats, hateful or violent language towards identifiable person(s) including club members or group(s) including the club.
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination or stereotypes on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place or origin, creed, disability, family and marital status, gender identity and expression, sex and sexual orientation.
- Demonstrates support or opposition to political or religious organizations.
- Promotes illegal activity.
- Promotes or supports commercial products or services unless explicitly endorsed by the club through a partnership agreement.
- Club advertisements not sanctioned by the club’s marketing director.
- Provides infringements on copyrights or trademarks or a legal ownership interest of any other party.
- Content that is not topically relevant.
- Confidential information.
- Personal information such as addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and other information related to individuals.
- Content posted to the club’s social media accounts is transitory and may not be kept as a permanent record.
- The club will not be responsible for any losses or damages suffered as a result of participating in the club’s social media accounts.