C1 Cervinia, Italy, Club Med
Downhill Ski and Snowboard
Enjoy 6 days Skiing / Riding, great Italian cuisine, all drinks and the nightlife of this fabulous Club Med Resort!
- Ski or ride at two world-renowned resorts: Zermatt in Switzerland and Cervinia on the Italian side with views of the Matterhorn wherever you are!
- Stay 7 nights at the all-inclusive Club Med Cervinia 4-trident resort, in Cristalino Club Rooms. Based Upon Double Occupancy
- All meals (think fabulous Italian hospitality and cuisine) and drinks included!
- 6 days lifts Zermatt and Cervinia, and 5 full days of guiding included
- 1 night at 4 star NH Santo Stefano in the historical centre of Turin plus a guided walking tour of this historic city
- Flights from Toronto to Turin aboard Lufthansa via Frankfurt plus luxury private coach transfer
This year we are returning to the snow fields of the Matterhorn! We will be staying on the Italian side (Cervinia) to take advantage of the fabulous Italian hospitality and cuisine, the all-inclusive features of Club Med (all meals, drinks, lifts and 5 full days of guiding) and skiing both in Italy and on the Swiss side of the border in Zermatt. Don’t forget your passport!
Cost: CAD $2,665 per person, double occupancy (cheque discounted price)
Based on Minimum of 25 participants.
Full cost if paid by Credit Card: $2,725 per person, double occupancy
All rates quoted in CAD dollars, are per person indicated above. Exchange rate is guaranteed.
Dates: Friday, January 27- Sunday, February 5, 2017
Application form: See website. You can type directly into this form. Print, sign and bring 3 copies.
Contact the Trip Leader with any questions.
Tour Operator: Vacation Station. Please make cheques payable to Vacation Station.
- 7 nights accommodation Club Med Cervinia 4-trident resort, in Cristalino Club Rooms; local hotel taxes, service charges, and staff gratuities; Club Med’s Basic Insurance plan while in Cervinia; Luggage porterage; indoor swimming pool
- 1 night at 4 star NH Santo Stefano in the historical centre of Turin (January 28)
Altitude: 2,030 m (Club Med Cervinia)
- All meals, beverages and entertainment included at Club Med resort
- Breakfast included while in Turin
Deposit: $675 + cost of insurance if taken due at time of booking.
If paying by cheque please bring 2 cheques for both deposit and final balance.
Balance due: November 25th, 2016
Booking Deadline: October 17th, 2016
(after this time unbooked space may be released)
NOTE – ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Lifts: 6 day International lift pass to Cervinia & Zermatt
Land Only: Deduct $650
Without the night in Turin (January 28), deduct $70 per person.
Single: Add $1,550 (single use of a double room)
Senior or No Lifts: Not available (Club Med policy)
Tours and Lessons:
- 5 days of Group Guiding/Lessons by the Cervinia Ski School
- Guided walking tour in Turin
* Extra charge for:
- Club Med Spa by DECLÉOR*
- Turkish bath*
Flights: (all times local)
Toronto to Turin aboard Lufthansa via Frankfurt
LH471 27 JAN Toronto to Frankfurt 18:10 to 07:50 28 Jan
LH296 28 JAN Frankfurt to Turin 09:15 to 10:30
LH297 05 FEB Turin to Frankfurt 11:05 to 12:25
LH470 05 FEB Frankfurt to Toronto 13:25 to 16:10
Flights are subject to change.
Fuel charges and taxes are subject to change
Generic advance seating is completed at time of booking by Lufthansa Groups. Specific seat selection (ie. window, aisle, exit row, bulkhead) is not permitted and members may ONLY change seat assignments at the airport prior to check-in. If this arrangement is unsatisfactory, members will need to purchase tickets outside the Group block, at the prevailing price at that time. ADVENTOURUS may assist with this.
Baggage Fees: (subject to change)
Lufthansa currently charges $150 each way for a 2nd piece of check in luggage. This includes a ski/boot bag combo and is payable only at check-in.
NOTE: This past season the 2nd bag fee has been waived for ski & boot bag combos by Lufthansa however there is no guarantee this will again be the case in 2017.
Skis and boots are considered 1 pc even if in separate bags as long as nothing else is in the bags. (Subject to change, check with your airline.)
Deviation charges / Extended Stay/Stopovers - You may extend your stay provided you make proper arrangement at the time of booking. (subject to availability)
Airport and Land Transfers:
Return dedicated ground transfers from airport to accommodation, Turin to Cervinia and return.
Passport / Travel Documents:
Canadian citizens need a Canadian passport that is valid until 6 months after the expected date of return. Other nationalities may require different documents and are responsible for determining their requirements.
Note: Members are solely responsible to ensure that their travel documents are complete, valid and in order.
Cancellation Policies are set by the Tour Operators, not HPSC. Please consider your commitment carefully before booking your trip.
Cancellations incur the following penalties:
Up to 60 days before departure – loss of deposits
59 to 46 days before departure – 50% of tour cost
45 days or less before departure - 100% of tour cost
Optional Travel Insurance:
Comprehensive Travel Insurance is available to protect non-refundable payments in the event that participants are forced to cancel their vacation prior to departure or interrupt vacation due to medical reasons. See menu above for HPSC Insurance advice and Tour Operator’s Insurance Table. All Insurance payments must accompany deposit in order to be valid.
Insurance is nonrefundable from date of issuance. Please note that any unused portion of a ski trip will not be refunded as per conditions above. Passengers must submit a claim to their insurance company if they cancel after the above dates.
Be sure you have at least medical and preferably cancellation/interruption insurance for a ski trip outside Canada. This insurance includes coverage for medical evacuation by helicopter, standard practice in Europe.
Cancellation insurance may only be purchased at time of trip deposit. Although Club Med provides insurance for your time at the resort it does not include cancellation or cover flights or time when not at the resort. This can be topped up so you don’t have duplicated insurance.
The Fine Print: Tickets are 100% nonrefundable once issued. Name changes and deviations are not permitted once ticketed. Individuals must ensure that all names are spelled correctly and match their personal identification on their passport. The Tour Operator and Airline will not be held liable for delays or cancellations caused by strikes, labor disputes, government actions, weather or any cause beyond the Tour Operator’s or Airline’s control. The Airline reserves the right to change equipment or schedules. The customer hereby releases and waives any claims against the Airline and Tour Operator regarding cancellation or schedule changes.
Cervinia lies at 2,006 m (6,581 ft) above sea level, at the foot of the Matterhorn (in Italian, Monte Cervino), in a valley surrounded by high, glaciated mountains and the sheer rock face of the Jumeaux. The Breuil-Cervinia Valtournenche Zermatt area is one of the largest in the Alps, with a varied “domaine skiable” beyond compare, which stretches through three valleys in two countries, Italy and Switzerland, from the 3,883 m of the Piccolo Cervino descending to the 1,524 m of Valtournenche. From the top of the cable car, if ski in one direction, you are in Switzerland, if you ski in the other direction, you are in Italy. Club Med Instructors, skiing/boarding professionals, having a perfect knowledge of the domain and will guide you along the slopes adapted to your level to enable you to make progress in the best conditions and in total security. An altitude restaurant, located on the skiing domain on the Plan Maison side, allows you to make the most of your day of skiing. A large terrasse with loungers, facing the valley, is available to you after lunch to make the most of the sun.
Club Med Cervinia is perfectly situated to enjoy the area. The view from the Resort's sun-kissed terrace stretches as far as Switzerland. You also have the freedom of the large Cervinia-Zermatt-Valtournenche ski area, so you can ski great slopes all day without repeating the same run.
Just 800 metres to the nearest Gondola! Regular shuttles run from the hotel. Expert skiers can ski in at the end of the day. To get to the slopes everyone will take the shuttle.
After a fun, relaxing or challenging day, return to your luxurious mountain refuge with its glowing, welcoming decor. In this cozy, convivial setting, relax at the Club Med Spa* by DECLÉOR and look forward to the evening. Then meet up with the rest of your family and over dinner or drinks, catch up on your best snow-bound adventures.
While the Club Med Resort breathes the pure air of the peaks at 2,050 metres (6,725 ft), the hotel - with its original decor and authentic materials - is a luxurious mountain refuge and provides a cosy, convivial setting for relaxing at the Club Med Spa* by DECLÉOR and meeting up with the rest of the family.
Club Med’s gourmet dining and beverage service: a variety of dining options are at your fingertips for breakfast, lunch, dinner and any time in between. Quality alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are included. This is not just a ski trip, this is a vacation!
The first morning, you will take a test in order to establish your level in order to put you in to the right group:
- Beginners class: you have never skiied/snowboarded before
- Class 1: you can regulate your speed and your trajectory on blue runs
- Class 2: you ski/board at an average speed on red runs
- Class 3: You ski/board easily down all slopes
- Expert: You ski/board easily on any slopes and on any kind of snow
The NH Torino Santo Stefano hotel puts you in the heart of beautiful Turin in the fashionable Quadrilatero Romano district, an area known for its fantastic shopping, restaurants and nightlife. The San Giovanni Cathedral – home to the Turin Shroud – is right next door.
- walking distance from all the major tourist attractions
- near the Porta Susa and Porta Nuova train stations
- designed by international architects Gabetti e Isola
The hotel has 125 guest rooms, which combine chic, minimalist design with rustic elegance. Rooms are soundproofed for a peaceful night’s sleep, while Wi-Fi, satellite flatscreen TVs and a minibar all come as standard.
- rooms have stylish contemporary furniture and wooden floors
- bathrooms are spacious and come with high-quality products
The hotel’s restaurant serves traditional Piedmont cuisine, alongside a choice of local wines. There’s an inner courtyard with outdoor seating for the summer months. And for drinks, there’s our stylish bar and lounge, which stays open until midnight.
- Base (Village) Elevation 6,742 feet or 2,050 meters
- Top of Mountain: 11,472 feet or 3,488 meters
- Vertical Drop: 4,730 feet or 1,438 meters
- Base (Village) Elevation: 5,250 ft or 1620m
- Top Elevation: 12,500 ft or 3820m
- Vertical drop: 7,250ft or 2200m
- Lift systems: 23 in Breuil-Cervinia Valtournenche + 35 in Zermatt
- Hourly capacity of lifts: 40,881 in Breuil-Cervinia Valtournenche, 89,831 with Zermatt
- Maximum altitude reached by the lifts: 3,883 m Piccolo Cervino
- Ski runs: 58 in Breuil-Cervinia Valtournenche + 75 in Zermatt (57% red, 23% blue, 20% black)
- Marked Pistes: 150 km in Breuil-Cervinia Valtournenche, 350 km with Zermatt
All applicable fuel surcharges and taxes in effect as of August have been included in the package price. However in these volatile times the tour operator reserves the right to charge for unanticipated increases in the cost of fuel and taxes imposed by the resort or airline.
Long Trip Member Policies